Theater Department: Uncommon Women and Others

October 29, 2017 Saadya Chevan 0

Hillyer Hall was constructed in 1917 as the first gymnasium for Connecticut College for Women. It was the fifth building constructed by the College, and similarly to the building that preceded it, Winthrop House, it was constructed quickly with the intention that it be a temporary building; however, unlike Winthrop House, the space has been utilized more successfully.